Friday

A LACK OF MUSIC IN COVENT GARDEN

Taking full advantage of today's sunshine I went for a walk around Covent Garden. Failing to find any music shops or stalls I decided to pay HMV a visit.
   Recently I have been blasting from the past, the lovely angry teenager years, and have been listening to a lot of Garbage, Hole and The Distillers, turning up the angry-girl rock. HMV were having none of it! Their stock was shocking. One old Distillers album was all I found of my search list. No Backyard Babies, no Wildhearts and no New York Dolls! What a pile of sh*t. 
   In an effort to prevent my journey being completely pointless I checked out the book section and was fairly pleased with what I found. There were several Charlie Brooker books on the shelves and a few autobiographies, the usual stuff. Then I saw a book which looked like it might be something similar to "The Dirt" (which if you haven't yet read it, READ IT). The book is called "Life on Planet Rock" and is written by Lonn Friend with a foreword by Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich. I've only read the first dozen pages so far, but for the £3 I paid for it I so far feel it was money well spent! Get it, read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment